Evanescence's New Album


Evanescence lead singer Amy Lee told fans what's going on with the band's new studio album earlier this week, saying she's been working on new material "almost every day (night I should say)."

"I'm in love with it," Lee wrote on the band's MySpace page on Monday. "Enough to fight for it. Enough to reopen the door to a world of chaos even though it scares me. I don't want to give away too much about what it will sound like, because so much will change before the end but its... not what you would expect."

Evanescence have been on the sidelines since wrapping up touring behind 2006's The Open Door. The new album will be the first since the departure of guitarist John LeCompt and drummer Rocky Gray. In May 2007, LeCompt announced he was fired from the band, while Gray decided to quit.

Lee addressed the status of the band's line-up, stating it's still a collaborative effort.

"It's something that has taken on its own life, it has grown, changed and become more interesting, more soulful, more honest than a perfect image will allow," she says. "The passion is what makes it live on, the obsessive focus on straight up, head first, love for the music. That is my band. And against all obstacles I'm sticking to it."

As for the sound of the material Lee is working on, she described it as "definitely not happy married music, but its not like I'm dying the whole time either.

"It's dark, sarcastic, fun, strange, familiar and very different at the same time. It makes me feel alive and I wish I could show you right now," she says, adding that there will be "slightly less blood" mentioned in the lyrics for album four.

According to her Twitter, Lee apparently went to the band's record label on Wednesday to give the label executives a sneak peek as to the album's musical direction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment