BARAT: 'I'M TOO BUSY FOR LIBERTINES REUNION'


British rocker CARL BARAT has no immediate plans to reform THE LIBERTINES - his hectic schedule means he won't be able to team up with PETE DOHERTY until at least 2011.
Doherty was booted from the band in 2004 following a series of argument with Barat over the troubled star's drug use. Doherty was also jailed for breaking into his former bandmate's London home.

Barat went on to form rock group Dirty Pretty Things while Doherty formed Babyshambles, but the pair has since put aside their differences and have hinted at a reunion several times in the last year. And while Barat remains optimistic about a Libertines reunion, he's warned fans they'll have to wait until his calendar is cleared up.

He explains, "I'm too busy next year. Maybe the year after that. See how it goes. When it needs to happen, it will fall into place. It's more a way of life than a band for me. I'm not going to jump up there and play the songs for some money - if it feels right then it will fall into place."
Earlier this week (end04Oct09), Doherty told reporters he fears Barat is sceptical he has kicked his drug demons: "He doesn't want to go down the same path and pick up the pieces again. He still thinks I'm surrounded by this dark energy so (a reunion won't happen) until I can prove I'm worth the risk."

0 comments:

Post a Comment